
My daughter has been showing more interest in her American Girl doll lately so I've decided to get her another 18" doll for her birthday. With 2 dolls she's going to want more doll stuff. I enjoy sewing & craft projects so I've decided to make stuff for the dolls myself. I came up with this idea of recycling clothing items into doll clothes when we were assessing my daughter's clothes the other day. My first project was taking 3 tier knit skorts and turning them into a dress or skirt. No gathering, no pulling through elastic, just a few easy steps!
Step 1- Cut the shorts out of the skorts and then cut up the seam. I was able to get 2 out of these 4T skorts.
Step 2- Sew the edges together. I serged mine and discovered that it's better to start with the elastic end.
Step 3- Turn inside out and add ribbon for dress ties or just leave it as a skirt for the doll.






