Daily Ramblings: Sweet Potato Latkes

SEARCH

Pages

Sweet Potato Latkes

Monday, March 30, 2015

Right now I cannot get enough sweet potatoes. I add them to casseroles, grill them, plan fry them, and whatever I can think of. Here is my latest idea.
Sweet Potato Latkes Pancakes low carb
We aren't Jewish, but we love Latkes (potato pancakes). We don't make them very often because of the carbs in the potatoes. With Passover coming up, I've seen a few latke recipes posted. It got me craving them but I didn't want the extra carbs. It dawned on me that I can substitute sweet potato and almond flour.

Sweet Potato Latkes

2 cups sweet potato, shredded
1 egg
1 tablespoon almond flour
1 teaspoon garlic salt (mine has parsley flakes mixed in)
1/4 teaspoon cumin
pepper to taste
oil for frying
Heat oil over medium to medium high heat in a frying pan. Mix the remaining ingredients. When oil is ready drop a forkful of the mix into the oil. I was able to do 4 at a time. Fry for a few minutes per side. Length of time depends on how brown or crispy you want them.
When they are done pull them from the pan (I use my handy dandy Latke Spatula) and placed them on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb the extra oil. Only let them sit a minute or so because they are best served warm!
latke potato pancake spatula
Serve with your favorite toppings. The other night we had them smothered with Ranch Style Beans and cheese dip. As I was typing up this recipe, I had to stop and make some for breakfast.
Have you ever had latkes? What would you serve on top of yours?
contains affiliate links
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.