Daily Ramblings: Tin Can Craft (Guest Natalie)

SEARCH

Pages

Tin Can Craft (Guest Natalie)

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Marigolds' Loft
Hi, my name is Natalie. I am a South African mom of two teenage daughters. I live with my girls and my hubby in Switzerland. I am a crafter and am growing and evolving in my hobbies and skills from day-to-day. I used to think knitting and crafting was made for others and not for me, but I have fallen in love with knitting, crochet and being creative in general over the last few years and I can barely imagine my life without these things anymore!
 I am the creator of Marigolds' Loft which is a blog dedicated to all goodies Handmade. Each Thursday I have a running post "Tutorial Thursdays Linky Party" where I show how to create various crafty objects in a photo tutorial format.
Thank you so much Diana for having me over. x Natalie
Today I want to show you how to recycle a tin into a wonderful gift giving container.
To make this craft you will need:

an empty fruit tin with lid
A serviette with motif that you would like to use
*Miralight (an air-drying clay)
*Antique Lack (a lack that will allow the top coat to crack)
*BasisDecor (I use this white paste to cover the Antique lack)
*Gonidecor (A universal paint to use as a base coat, and to tint the BasisDecor)
Paintbrushes
*Finisher (Top Coat, water resistant)


Remove the sticker on the tin and paint the tin and lid with your base colour.
Whilst that is drying, make a ball out of the clay and allow to dry on a kebab stick.
Once the tin is dry, paint with a layer of the Antique Lack. 
Allow to dry.
Now coat with Basisdecor, in the opposite direction to the lack. Apply enough and do not paint more than once. Cracks should start to appear almost immediately.

Cut your Serviette Motif to the size you need it, and remove the bottom two layers.
If the layers do not come off very easily, slightly wet your finger and press against the back layers. They should then come away quite easily.
Place your motif where you would like to see it on the tin, and paint over it with the Finisher to seal the tin and make it water resistant.
By now your clay ball should be dry, paint it with a colour that suits you and allow to dry.
Glue the ball onto the middle of the tin lid:
Allow to dry and then fill your tin with some yummy goodies:
Replace the lid and wrap for a wonderful, recycled, Handmade Gift.
See more of Natalie's creations here. Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.