Daily Ramblings: DIY Scented Fire Starters

SEARCH

Pages

DIY Scented Fire Starters

Monday, November 3, 2014

Diana Rambles Camping Blog Series
Camping season is done here in the Midwest, but I still have a camp post for you. It's DIY Scented Fire Starters.
How many of you made fire starters when you were in scouts? I remember when I first learned how to make them and have continued to make them for years. They really help with getting a campfire started around here.

Supplies: cardboard egg cartons, dryer lint, scented candle, can

First, you cut the lid off of a cardboard egg carton and stuff the bottom with dryer lint. I always put the bottom into the cut off lid to catch any melted wax that overflows.
Next, you melt your candle in a double boiler. I found a scented pillar candle in a free box at a garage sale. It was big, so I had to cut it in in half and put in two cans.
When the wax is melted, pour it over the lint cartons.
They will harden quickly.
Pull them apart. Use one or two at a time to help start your fire. The scented candle adds a nice scent to the fire. The colored wax will leave some colored ash behind too.
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.