Daily Ramblings: Backpack Carrier for American Girl 18" Doll Giveaway

SEARCH

Pages

Backpack Carrier for American Girl 18" Doll Giveaway

Friday, April 1, 2011

It's time for another Doll Tested - Mother Approved review of a great item for an American Girl or 18" Doll. This review has a giveaway too!Over the last 3 months I've been reviewing a variety of great clothing and accessories for my daughter's American Girl 18" doll. At this point I think my daughter's doll has more clothing than she does. LOL! My daughter loves to change her doll's outfits and bring her with us when we go places. Of course my daughter hands her doll off for my hubby or I to carry. DH is a good sport about it, but we get tired of carrying the doll. I decided that I wanted to get a doll carrier for her. I knew I didn't want a tote because my daughter would get tired of it and we'd be carrying that, so I researched backpack carriers. I only found a few viable options online with the nicest being offered by Inspired by Grands at Etsy. I contacted Terri and she was excited to work together. She sent me 2 adorable backpacks~ one for my daughter with her name embroidered on it and one to give away.

My daughter was so excited when the package arrived. She loved seeing her name on the backpack. Right away she had me help her put her doll in and on her back. She is an average sized 5 year old and the backpack is a little big on her. It sagged a little at first, but when she put her AG catalogs and some doll clothes inside it fit much better. Now she can change the doll's clothes on the go. Right away she wanted to take her Mei Mei (doll) for a bike ride. How adorable they were!This backpack is well constructed with cute quilted fabric and all seams surged. There is a loop on top for hanging and the straps are adjustable. I have them the tightest they go for my daughter and it's a little big, so she will get several years use out of it. The bright pink print fabric is edged with pink polka-dot fabric. The straps for the doll appear to button, but they actually Velcro so the buttons are for decoration. Very cute!!! We've taken it out with us in public a few times and gotten lots of compliments on it.Terri at Inspired by Grands pays attention to the details in her creations. They are well made and she only uses high quality fabrics. In addition to doll carriers she offers regular backpacks in all kinds of adorable fabrics for boys & girls. She even takes custom orders. I plan on picking out a special fabric and having her sew a backpack for my daughter for Kindergarten. Due to the quality, attention to detail, and little extras I give Inspired by Grands big 5 stars! Inspired by Grands is offering an adorable backpack carrier for an American Girl or 18" Doll to one of my lucky Diana Rambles readers.This backpack is pictured above. It's made out of cute pink Kaleidoscope fabric with the inside being the same pink fabric as my daughter's pack. The trim is purple with white polka-dots. It measures approximately 12 inches tall by 10 1/2 inches wide. It's very similar to this pack in Terri's shop. Since I am in possession of the pack already and will be sending it directly to the winner it will not include personalization. (embroidered name) All packs ordered/purchased directly from Inspired by Grands do include personalization!

This giveaway will run through 11:59pm CST on Tuesday, April 12th. The winner will be chosen via random.org and notified on April 13th and will have 48 hours to contact me. This giveaway is for the backpack only! Doll not included!Entry Rules
  • You must do the mandatory entry
  • Leave your email address with your mandatory entry if it's not available in your profile
  • Each entry needs to be a separate comment (remember to do multiple comments on those indicated as multiple entries!)
  • US addresses only
Mandatory Entry
  • Visit Inspired by Grand's Etsy shop and check out all the great items offered. Come back here and leave a comment on what item you would like from her shop and how you would have it personalized.
Additional Entries
  • 1 entry for adding Inspired by Grand's shop to your list of shop favorites at Etsy.
  • 1 entry for adding my shop to your list of shop favorites at Etsy.
  • 1 entry for being a public follower of Diana Rambles via Google Friend Connect. Find this under My Followers near the top of my left sidebar. Click Follow and then confirm.
  • 2 entries for subscribing to my Diana Rambles Feedburner. Make sure you verify the subscription. Find at the top of my left sidebar.
  • 1 entry for following me via Twitter @FreeStyleMama.
  • 1 entry (up to 10 each day...must be at least 2 hours apart) for tweeting about this giveaway on Twitter. Feel free to copy the following~ Enter to #win Backpack Doll Carrier for 18" #AmericanGirl Doll #giveaway #contest ends April 12th @FreeStyleMama http://tinyurl.com/AGpack Please leave the link to your tweet in the comment. (You get the tweet link by clicking on the '4 mins ago' time)
That is a bunch of entry possibilities. The more times you enter, the better chance you have of winning! I will publish each comment when the entry has been verified. **MAKE sure you follow the rules or the entry will be DQ'd!!**
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.