Daily Ramblings: Homecoming Bark & Marching Band Wannabe

SEARCH

Pages

Homecoming Bark & Marching Band Wannabe

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

home team colors candy bark
Last week I posted my Candy Corn Bark and told you how the kids in my son's marching band loved it. Several of his band-mates asked for more so I made 2 batches in the school's colors for homecoming, which happened to be my son's birthday.
I got M&Ms from our local grocery in navy & royal blue, used mini marshmallows for the white, and then drizzled light blue candy melt on top. Full recipe here.
candy bark ingredients
This is what it looked like while hardening in the refrigerator.
candy bark school colors pride
I was tempted to take a bite, but didn't as I was breaking it apart.
nom nom nom
This perfect combination of sweet & salty is what we call 'crack'! It's made with saltine crackers and I crack (break) it apart in little pieces to eat.
school colors candy bark homecoming
I also made the night special for my son by making his little sister a matching marching band uniform.
matching marching band uniforms
She's strong!
little drummer girl
I made the shirt by taking a blue & white shirt, cutting off the blue arm, and then sewing the white arm & front to it. I added silver ribbon & a C out of scraps of the blue shirt. Not perfectly sewn, but it got the job done and EVERYONE loved it!
little sister marching band uniform
My son loved all the attention he got. Little sis was a good sport about it as he dragged her around to talk to friends all over the stands. He had a GREAT birthday!
Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.