Daily Ramblings: Cranberry Pepper Jam

SEARCH

Pages

Cranberry Pepper Jam

Thursday, December 5, 2013

fresh cranberry jalapeno pepper jam recipe
I love cranberry. I mean really love cranberry. I am one of those people that want everything pumpkin from Oct-mid Nov and then cranberry for the rest of the year. My Cranberry Salsa recipe is well loved, so I decide to make some jam using nearly the same ingredients.
cranberry pepper jam ingredients
Cranberry Pepper Jam

12 oz package fresh cranberries
an apple, peeled & chopped
1/4 C green onion, chopped
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 C sugar
juice from 2 limes
optional: lime zest
cranberry pepper jam recipe
Directions: Put all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Turn the heat down and continue to stir for approximately an hour.
cranberry pepper jam cook
I didn't chop my apple very small so there were big chunks of it, which I removed. If you want to can the jam, I recommend that you chop the apple smaller before cooking. Apple works as a natural pectin.
cranberry pepper jam jalapeno recipe
After it cooked a little bit I blended up in our Magic Bullet. Refrigerate.
cranberry pepper jam blended
I brought some over to my friend (the hand model below) and she couldn't get enough. She tried it on crackers and some sweet lemon bread.
cranberry pepper jam fresh
You can taste the jalapeno & cilantro, but it's also sweet. Try it and let me know what you think!
fresh cranberry jalapeno cilantro jam jelly recipe
Below is an affiliate link
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.