Daily Ramblings: My (bad) Fabric.com Experience

SEARCH

Pages

My (bad) Fabric.com Experience

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Back in August, I ordered some ballet fabric from Fabric.com so that I could make my daughter a one of a kind tote for her ballet gear. I was so excited that ended up buying more than we needed so that I could get the free shipping. We made a plan for the style of the tote while we waited for the fabric to show.

We waited, and waited, and waited! Package never came. So I contacted them via chat on their site. They said they'd do a follow-up and let me know. Nothing happened. When I contacted them after not hearing back for a while they said they'd issue me another order. I got an email with that re-order number and waited and waited. I contacted them again via chat, and they said they'd contact the order department and find out what is happening. I felt like they were stalling as there were low quantities of each fabric. Finally, I get an email from order fulfillment saying they only had part of what I wanted on the one fabric (but in 2 pieces) and they'd still send it out with free shipping and refund the difference. I emailed back saying that is OK. 2 days later, I get another email saying that the other fabric is out. I requested that they cancel the order entirely and refund me. I was credited 2 days later.

My original order showed up on my doorstep on Tuesday.  I am not sure what to do because I've been refunded already. I asked a friend, and she said they will just tell me to keep it because they've already written it off. So I contact them again via chat, and they girl was quick to say that I need to return it. And wouldn't you know that UPS was here right away today to get the package. Seriously? They drag their feet on getting me my order, dealing with a lost order, dragging out a reorder, but they are SUPER quick to get their fabric back. That a crappy business model!! I am sure that many people have had no issues, but I will *NEVER* order fabric from them again!

I ended up finding the same fabric on eBay. I had to do two separate orders and they were a little higher in price, BUT I got my fabric 2 & 3 days later. Great feedback left for those sellers!!

My daughter's bag is done and quite adorable. I'll be featuring it next week.
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.