Daily Ramblings: Decluttering!

SEARCH

Pages

Decluttering!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

I admit it~ I've become a slob! I think it's because I am home so much. I've learned to ignore piles and the clutter has gotten out of control. I'm always reminded (at the beginning of February) how bad it has gotten when I start gathering all our tax documents. Every year I think I will do a better job of keeping financial paperwork organized, but I keep misplacing things behind all the junk.

I took this picture of my desk today. There is a messy pile of important papers on the left. My clipboard of Girl Scout Cookie orders is on the right. My weekly to-do list in orange is in front of my keyboard with a blue note card that keeps track of the posts I've linked on top. I also see a checkbook, envelope of cookie money, various notes, a thermometer, and a camera. Underneath (on the right side) is white basket of clothes/fabrics ready for doll clothes/crafts with a woven basket on top full of Box Tops for Education that need to be counted. I didn't really notice how messy it was until I took this picture! I spend more time looking out the window than at the desk! LOL!
So enough is enough! I am making a (tax season?) resolution to declutter!!! I will get into these little organization kicks, but the problem is that I just make piles and shift them to other parts of the house. We have a lot of storage downstairs and it keeps getting stuffed with piles of junk.

So here is my plan!
  • I am going to gather all the extra clothing, shoes, and housewares and donate them to a place like Goodwill. (I will start a 2013 tax year envelope for our donation slip!!) I have many things I haven't worn in YEARS that I need to part with!
  • I am going to gather all the extra containers, paper, arts & craft supplies, and other trinkets and donate them to our local eco-art store. It's a really cool place that takes all those things that Goodwill can't really use and resells it really cheap with the proceeds going to fund scholarships. I shop there for a lot of my scout & crafting supplies. I can think of 3 different piles I have going for this place, so I am going to combine & drop off SOON!
  • I am going to donate unused appliances & electronics to the local ReStore outlet. ReStore sells new and gently-used home improvement goods, furniture, home accessories, building materials and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price help support Habitat for Humanity affiliates.
  • I am going to shred old paperwork & recycle it.
  • I am going to gather all our old CDs, DVDs, & video games and sell them to musicMagpie.com. They make selling easy with their barcode scanner and they pay for shipping. 
  • Finally, I am going to pretty it up around here. We painted/remodeled 2.5 years ago and we still have blank walls. I've been pinning a variety of decorating ideas on Pinterest. I want to make a large wall gallery for our living room. I also want to make an organization center for that wall space to the left of my monitor.
Maybe I will get organized & decorated to the point where I can post a tour of my home on this blog!!
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.