Daily Ramblings: Perfect Pork Tenderloin

SEARCH

Pages

Perfect Pork Tenderloin

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

pork tenderloin perfect recipe
I recently bought this pork tenderloin from Sams and thought it would be perfect for our weekly dinner with extended family.
I wasn't sure how to prepare it properly so I searched and found this fool-proof recipe. I was skeptical because you only have to bake it 5 1/2 minutes per pound, but it really does work!! Preheat your oven to 500-550 degrees. Season your pork (I used a BBQ dry rub) and put it in a roasting pan. The tenderloin pictured above looks like it comes in 2 pieces, but each side has 2 pieces. If you cook more than one piece at a time you can put them in the same roasting pan but they should not touch. Bake it in the lower 1/3 of your over for 5 1/2 minutes per pound. With 2 pieces you do not double your bake time. Calculate the size of one piece and multiply that by 5.5. Each of those pieces were approximately  1 1/4 pounds, so I did 1.25 x 5.5 and baked it for 7 minutes. When the baking time is up you turn off the oven but leave the pork in there for 1 hour. Do not open the door!! After one hour take it out and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.  I do not have a meat thermometer, but I can tell you that this method works great. The meat is so tender & juicy. It has become a favorite meal in our house.
pork tenderloin baked right

This post was featured at:
Button pic 9

Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.