Daily Ramblings: DIY Zippered Pillow Cases (Guest Corey)

SEARCH

Pages

DIY Zippered Pillow Cases (Guest Corey)

Thursday, June 6, 2013


Hey there! I'm Corey from TinySidekick and I'm thrilled to be filling in while Diana is away. Like most of you, I'm a busy momma and designing a space that is beautiful and kid friendly is a must.  So today I am going to share with you a fun way to use some fabrics with these zippered pillow covers that are super easy to throw in the wash. 
 
I am a self proclaimed fabric addict. I don't know what it is, but I love fabric! So any time I get to use fabric in a fun way that doesn't break the bank I'm in! My mom taught me the basics of how to use a sewing machine and from there I have set out to try new things in the sewing world. There are so many great tutorials out there that have taught me a ton about sewing and made it way less scary. I can officially say that I have moved on from only being able to sew a straight line. I mean common! These pillows have zippers!  And not just any ol' zippers...hidden zippers! That actually work! Hooray me!
I am by no means a master seamstress, but these were super simple.  I knew I could sew a pillow cover, but what is the point of putting in all that work if you can't take them off to wash them.  I have 2 kids, so this is a necessary thing!  So after being afraid of installing a zipper for way too long, I searched around for an easy to follow tutorial and landed on this one.  It was so simple to follow. 

It was so easy, that I went a bit crazy and made pillows for our loft.  This is a completely kid friendly space upstairs where we do lots of playing and hanging out.


And then I realized that I needed one for the rocking chair in my baby boy's nursery...
And I'm not done yet!  I just have to pause to find more fabrics.  I am never buying another pillow again.  These zippers were so easy to install. I got them online in bulk, which is way cheaper than buying them individually at the fabric store. You can mix up the colors in your pack to add a secrete pop of color. 
But most importantly they are perfect because I don't have to be afraid of this guy drooling on them!  I'll just toss them in the wash, and not worry because I also learned how to serge the edges so they don't unravel with this tutorial (something you can do with a regular sewing machine...who knew?)
So don't be afraid!  Grab that fabric that you love that has been sitting in the closet and get going! If I can do it, you can do it.  ~Corey

Please head over to Corey's blog and check out all her great creations!! Make sure you come back over the next few weeks to see more great guest posts!
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.