Daily Ramblings: Almond Joy Poke Cake (Guest Jamie)

SEARCH

Pages

Almond Joy Poke Cake (Guest Jamie)

Monday, July 15, 2013

use this for the LBGC button2

Hi, y'all I'm Jamie and I blog over at Love Bakes Good Cakes! Although the name would lead you to believe that I only share cakes, that is far from the truth! I love sharing family-friendly meals that won't break the bank too! I have to thank Diana for letting me come over and hang out with y'all over at her place! I'd love for you to drop by Love Bakes Good Cakes sometime - you can find my recipe index with about 200-250 recipes!

Poke cakes .... do you like 'em? Have you ever heard of them? I think I might have a slight obsession with them right now. They are so popular and there's like, a million versions out there! I recently needed a dessert for a family function and I thought it would be fun to make an Almond Joy Poke Cake! I hope you enjoy!
Almond Joy Poke Cake
Almond Joy Poke Cake
Printable recipe
Yield:18-24 servings

1 pkg. (15.25 oz.) Devil's food or chocolate fudge cake mix
Ingredients listed on box to make cake
1 box (3.4 oz.) instant Coconut Cream Pudding mix
2 cups milk
1 cup chocolate sauce (I buy the stuff in the ice cream topping section)
1 bag (2 oz.) sliced or slivered almonds
1 container (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
1 bag (7 oz.) sweetened coconut flakes

Bake the cake according to package directions using a 9x13-in. baking pan.

Mix the pudding mix with the 2 cups of milk in a medium bowl. Poke holes in the hot cake with the round end of a wooden spoon and slowly pour this mixture over the cake, trying to fill the holes.  Microwave the chocolate topping (with the lid off) for about 45 seconds or until it pours easily. Pour evenly over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Let cake cool completely. 

Spread the Cool Whip evenly over the top of the cake. Sprinkle the coconut evenly over the top.

Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Store the cake (covered) in the refrigerator.


Thanks Jamie! Looks FANTASTIC!!!  Find Love Bakes Good Cakes on Facebook Find Love Bakes Good Cakes on Twitter Find Love Bakes Good Cakes on Pinterest Find Love Bakes Good Cakes on Google+ Go to Love Bakes Good Cakes blog Image Map
Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.