Daily Ramblings: Frugal Raised Garden Bed

SEARCH

Pages

Frugal Raised Garden Bed

Thursday, July 25, 2013

 I am excited to share my new raised garden bed for you. I created the entire thing for $13~ ten of which was soil. That's right, all the supplies cost me $3.
raised garden bed inexpensive
I bought these 3 thick boards at the Restore for $3.
raised garden cheap wood
I found these framed bed springs on the side of the road in a pile of junk marked free.
bed springs garden bed
My hubby cut the longer piece of wood in half and nailed it together.
raised garden box bed
Then my hubby drove the steel fence posts (which I also found in a pile of free stuff) into the ground.
raised garden bed stakes
Bed springs were attached to the poles (with cable ties) and staked down at the bottom.
garden bed springs raised
I filled it with soil.
raised garden bed soil
Then I planted 3 Butternut Squash plants. Here is the finished product.
butternut squash garden bed
My dog likes it!
raised garden bed frugal
We put this together about 3 weeks ago. Here is a photo I just took. My squash are really growing! I've been training them to grow up the bed springs. So far so good!!
raised garden bed cheap
And the dog still seems to love it! Haha!
This post was featured at:
Crystal's Tiny Treasures
Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.