Daily Ramblings: DIY Cake Stand

SEARCH

Pages

DIY Cake Stand

Thursday, July 11, 2013

At the end of the school year we had a party for my son to recognize his 8th grade promotion and other achievements. I was making in a special ice cream cake and needed a cake plate to display & serve it on. Being that I am very frugal and I couldn't find what I wanted, I made one myself for less than $2!!
make cake stand glass
I went to the Restore shop and found this microwave (turntable) plate for $1 and a small jar (no lid) for 50 cents. I already had some E6000 glue leftover from the 3-tier stand I made back in December.
I applied glue to the rim of the jar, carefully placed the plate on top, then set it out in my garage to dry with a heavy box on top.
I am very pleased how it turned out. The 9" cake I made fit perfectly on the stand. I've used the stand a few times since making it and I love how easy it washes. Last time I threw it in the dishwasher and it came out really nice.
Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.