Daily Ramblings: DIY Beach Souvenir

SEARCH

Pages

DIY Beach Souvenir

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Last month we vacationed in Florida. The beach was magical and my daughter enjoyed collecting shells. Near the end of the trip we hit a souvenir shop and picked up a few things. My daughter wanted to get a shells & sand in a bottle similar to those pictured below. I wasn't willing to pay $7 for a tacky memento that wasn't a real representation of the trip. I told her that we would make our own with the shells & shell we collected.
I've checked a few thrift stores since returning but haven't been able to find the right jar/container to make one. I finally found one at the first garage sale of the season. I love that it was only a quarter.
After cleaning it up we added some sand and the shells.
We are happy with how it turned out, although my daughter decided to add more sand.
Worried little hands might spill the contents? Use a bottle/jar with a lid that can be tightened. My daughter loves this simple but meaningful momento of our trip.
This post was featured at~
Recipes and Ramblins with the Tumbleweed Contessabutton
Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.