Daily Ramblings: My Collapsible Lightbox

SEARCH

Pages

My Collapsible Lightbox

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I've seen a lot of posts over the past few months showing people's homemade lightboxes. I created my own collapsible version about 5 months ago but I took it down for the holidays. I recently took it out for these posts. It's not pretty, but it was really inexpensive to make. Less than $10! When I researched lightboxes online the reviews were critical of the lights. I modeled mine off of this one and this one. I love how mine collapses. It is portable and stores flat.
DIY inexensive light box
DIY cheap light box
I got the foam core board from a local eco-art recycling shop, hence the print on the outside. I used parchment paper for diffusion. I used (knock off) velcro strips to hold it all together. I could not find my original velcro strips when I went to put it up again so I had to cut new ones. I didn't have much velcro on hand so they are very small pieces.
easy photography light box
I purchased some daylight bulbs to use in some clip on lamps.
daylight bulbs light box
Here it is collapsed. I store it on top of a cabinet out of the way.
collapsable portable light box
I haven't spent a lot of time experimenting with it yet. I wish it were a little wider. It's pretty deep. I wish it was as wide as it is deep. I was limited to size based on the scrap foam core I used. I spent $8 on the light bulbs and $1.50 on the foam core. I had the rest on hand.
This post was featured at~
ThePinJunkiesweet benanna & sam
Featured at All My Bloggy Friendsbutton
Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.