Daily Ramblings: My Palette Garden

SEARCH

Pages

My Palette Garden

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring is my favorite time of year. I am planning my garden and can't wait until things start growing. Here is the palette garden I created last year.
wood palette garden planter
I was at a friend's house and I was admiring her lettuce pallet. She stapled landscape fabric over the back (bottom) of the pallet and then filled it in with dirt. I suggested that the fabric be stapled across the bottom of each row of the pallet. She said go for it and sent me home with a pallet. I already had the landscape fabric, so I got it set up right away. I decided to stand it up against our shed in the backyard. This is what it looked like before we added dirt.
wood palette garden planter
Here is what it looked like today after I planted some spinach and spring mix. I marked the type of seeds I planted with the date on the pallet. I will plant more in a week or 2 so that my harvest is spread out.
wood palette garden DIY
Here is the lettuce starting to grow.
wood palette garden lettuce
wood palette garden rows
Unfortunately it was a very HOT summer and the lettuce didn't thrive. I planted the year's seeds last week. I am doing some green lettuce & strawberries. We've had a lot of rain since I planted so I haven't had to water at all. The heavy rain might have moved or washed away the seeds. Time will tell...
This post was featured at~
Button pic 9
Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.