Daily Ramblings: American Girl Doll Bunk Bed Mattress - Sheets

SEARCH

Pages

American Girl Doll Bunk Bed Mattress - Sheets

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The kids are back in school which means I have extra time on my hands to get some of those nagging projects completed. I am not a huge fan of cleaning, so I've been doing a lot of sewing. Nearly all of the sewing has been for my daughter's American Girl Doll. As many of you know, I am very frugal. I got the foam & fabric at our local eco-art recycling store. Both were new, but only cost me about $1.73.
american girl doll bunk bed mattress sheets
The foam I got is 1" thick and measured 22x22. I cut it in half to make a mattress for each bunk.
american girl doll bed mattress foam
american girl doll bunk bed mattress foam cut
I folded my fabric with the selvage edges touching and cut out a piece 12" wide. Then with right sides together, I serged down each side leaving the selvage edges open.
american girl doll bunk bed sheet serge
american girl doll bunk bed sheet pillowcase

This formed a pillowcase to slip the mattress into.
american girl doll bunk bed mattress sheet slip cover
I didn't want the dolls kicking the sheets off so I cut off a 13" piece from the original fold. I cut that in 2 at the fold to create the top sheets. I searched/stitched the edges and then sewed it do the salvage edge of the mattress slip cover.
american girl doll bunk bed attach sheet
american girl doll bunk bed sheet set
Here is my daughter's doll all snuggled up and happy as she sleeps on the top bunk. My daughter was thrilled to see her dolls so comfy in their bunks.
american girl doll bunk bed mattress sheets set
This was such a fun & easy project. It took less than an hour to complete and the price was right!

This post was featured at:
Recipes and Ramblins with the Tumbleweed Contessa
Image Map
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.