Daily Ramblings: Chinese New Year of the Horse

SEARCH

Pages

Chinese New Year of the Horse

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Chinese New Year begins tomorrow. Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival or Lunar New Year, is the most important holiday/festival of the Chinese calendar. January 31, 2014 kicks off the Year of the Horse. People born during this year are believed to be good communicators, kind, talkative, independent, and impatient. Here are some ways you can celebrate the Year of the Horse.

Horse Envelopes- Every year, Steph of The Silly Pearl, does wonderful CNY printables, including tutorials. Download Year of the Horse here.
Horse Paper Cuts- Kirstin of Craftiments has this awesome Year of the Horse paper cutting craft. Find the download & directions here.
Horse Plate Craft- Shelly of the Dolen Diaries has this fun & easy horse craft made from a red paper plate. Find out how to make it here.
Money Envelope Horses- KJ of let's go fly a kit has these cute horses with money envelope saddles. Find them here.
Bentos- Here are some wonderful Year of the Horse bentos.
Little Miss Bento
Bento Monsters
Happy Little Bento
Little Miss Bento
Embroidery - I've had fun creating some Year of the Horse embroidery this week. I purchased CNY designs for Horse, Tiger, & Rooster. That represents the different years in our family. I put the Year of the Horse on a scarf and a new bath towel.
It's the same design on both items, but they look different. The nose got messed up and put a hole in the scarf so I had to finish it by hand. I did slightly different embellishments on each. It really is stunning on the plush towel.
I just love how the horse blends in on my scarf. I will wear it throughout the year and beyond because the horse is subtle. I will also wear red each day for good luck.

Gifts- Each year I give my daughter an animal for the new year. This year I ordered her the limited edition Chinese New Year Pinkie Pie Pony. She is very excited to get to open it tomorrow.
Gung Hay Fat Choy!
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.