Daily Ramblings: DIY Elevated Dip & Chip Bowl

SEARCH

Pages

DIY Elevated Dip & Chip Bowl

Monday, December 15, 2014

DIY Elevated Dip & Chip Bowl $2
As I was making the final food list for our Christmas party, I decided that I didn't have a decent way to serve the chips and guacamole. I do have this lovely bowl that I made in a pottery class several years ago, but it's on the small side. Good for veggies and dip, but kind of small for chips and guac.
I love the 3-tier serving stand that I made for our party a few years ago and thought I should do something similar. I was thinking I could get a large glass bowl, a candle stick, and a smaller glass bowl to create a bowl with the dip part elevated. I still had some E6000 Gluefrom making the stand, so I just needed the glassware. I headed over to ReStore and found a simpler solution for under $2.
Instead of three pieces, I got a glass bowl and a martini glass for $1.91. That meant I only had to glue one thing. My hubby helped me put it together. He held the glass while I squirted the glue. Then I stuck it in place in the middle of the bowl and placed a metal box on top, which applied even pressure. The glue is a little stinky, so we put the bowl together out in the garage. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.
DIY Elevated Dip & Chip Bowl
I did have to refill the glass once because I made a big batch of guac, but it was practically licked clean midway through the party. Several people commented on the cool bowl.
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.