Daily Ramblings: Project Runway Birthday Party #DIY

SEARCH

Pages

Project Runway Birthday Party #DIY

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Over the weekend, I held a Project Runway Birthday Party for my daughter's 9th birthday. I got many ideas from Pinterest and came up with a few myself.

First was the invitations. I purchased a runway stock image to create it.
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas
When guests arrived they were greeted by a sign and given a backstage pass.
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Sign
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Backstage Pass
The first design challenge was an unconventional challenge, where the girls were given kitchen trash bags, bubble wrap, tissue paper, curling ribbon, and duck tape to create an outfit. The girls loved walking down the (paper) runway that I set up.
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Unconventional Challenge
Next we had the doll challenge, which was a HUGE hit! I loved the creativity! They spent the most time on this challenge.
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Doll Oufits
The fashions were fantastic and the girls took them home on their dolls.
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Doll Challenge
Then we had a freestyle challenge, where the girls made themselves an outfit with fabric. I had a huge bolt of a teal fabric that most picked to use. 
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Design Challenge
The final challenge was a cookie design. I made dress shaped cookies. The girls iced them and then decorated them with sprinkles. I loved their creativity!! I had cello bags for the girls to take their cookies home.
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Cookie Design Challenge
We also did two crafts that I found on Pinterest. One was Braided T-Shirt Bracelets which I found at Crafts by Amanda and the other was Homemade Lip Gloss which I found at Classy Mommy.
Project Runway Birthday Party Crafts
Refreshments included Layered Punch which I found at Big Bear's Wife and Surprise Cupcakes that I found at Sweet Tooth.
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Layered Punch
 Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Suprise Cupcakes Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Surprise Cupcake
We also had a photobooth. I printed the birthday quotes from Capturing Joy.
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Photobooth
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Photobooth
The party was 3 hours long and we fit all those activities in PLUS had time to open gifts. I had a schedule written out and kept them to it!! It took me a few days to recover, but it was worth it. The girls had a BLAST!!!

This greeted the guests as they left! It's supposed to be Heidi Klum kissing them goodbye! LOL!
Project Runway Birthday Party Ideas Sign
The above links are all part of this week's Pin of the Week.
Pinterest Pin of the Week
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.