Daily Ramblings: My New Obsession: Fitbit

SEARCH

Pages

My New Obsession: Fitbit

Monday, December 28, 2015

A few weeks ago I got a $50 gift card in the mail from a social group I participate in. I considered using it for a Christmas gift for my hubby, but he said that I should use it for myself. So I spent a little while trying to find something that I'd like. If you know much about me, you know I am very frugal. I don't spend much on myself, so I was struggling to find something useful. Yes, I was looking for useful vs. frivolous.
I wasn't sure what I wanted, so I found myself looking at accessories and other gift suggestions for ladies. I came across a Fitbit Flex and saw that it was marked down from $99 to $79. I'm very committed to my 60+ minutes of exercise a day, so I thought that the Fitbit would come in useful. There is no way I would spend $79 on it, but after applying my gift card $29 didn't sound so bad.
My Fitbit arrived on the 18th and I didn't want to wait until Christmas to use, so I opened it up and got it set up right away. I was excited to track my exercise minutes, steps, and sleep. I've been under a lot of stress this month and have not been sleeping well. I wanted to know just how bad my sleep really was. The first few nights said I was sleeping over 8 hours. I knew it wasn't true because I was laying awake quite a bit. I am good at laying still as I lay awake, so the Fitbit recorded it as sleeping time with lots of restlessness. It thought my entire time in bed was sleep time. I went to the help forum and discovered that I could change the sleep settings to sensitive. The next few nights showed that I was sleeping closer to 6 hours. Much of the time I lay awake reflected restless, but it sensed a lot of time awake too. I would not call myself an insomniac, I've just been under great stress and find my mind obsessing when it's dark and quiet. I'm hoping that stress disappates soon.
I sure need some lotion!!
I've been doing great with meeting my daily goals. Those include 10,000 steps, 60 active minutes, and 64 ounces of water. I've actually been over on all. I have not set up any goals for calories or weight. I'm just not into weighing myself. I just go by how my clothes fit.
If you have a Fitbit, let's be friends!! You can follow me here. I have not participated in any challenges yet, but I am certainly open to it. I will probably post more about Fitbit in the new year.
This post contains an affiliate link.
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.