This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #ClausAndPaws #CollectiveBias
Here is a fun and easy tutorial for creating an inexpensive dog bed. It's made with fleece and does not require any sewing.
It's the crazy busy holiday time of year, and I am scrambling to fit in all the parties, performances, and Christmas shopping before the 25th. I'm still working on my Christmas cards, but I have completed a good portion of my gift shopping. Lately, I have been focusing on the handmade gifts I'm giving. I love to create personalized gifts for all — even for my dog!
I chose fleece for this project because it’s warm and cozy, just like our adorable Cocker Spaniel, Cooper. I love working with fleece because it won't unravel. It can be sewn on a machine, but there are many no-sew projects that can be done with it too. My latest creation is a no-sew bed for Cooper. I used a holiday fleece throw with a dog design on it and a standard bed pillow to create a festive dog bed.
No-Sew Fleece Dog Bed
Suppliesfleece fabric*
bed pillow
scissors
*I used a fleece blanket measuring 50"x60". If you buy fleece by the yard, see the directions below for measurements needed.
Directions
Measure your bed pillow to determine what size to cut your fleece. I used a bed pillow measuring 17" x 24". I added 12" to my measurements so I would have 6" fringe strips to tie around the pillow. In total, my fleece rectangles were 29" x 36" each.
Cut the fleece to get two equal rectangles.
Cut 6" fringe around the edge of each fleece rectangle. The width of your fringe should be about 1". You will end up cutting off a 6" square from each corner.
Tie three sides of the fleece rectangles together to form a pocket.
Slide the pillow into the pocket and tie off the fourth side.
How easy is that? I was able to make the dog bed in less than an hour. Tying the fleece is easy to do; you can even get the kids to help! Not only will man's best friend love this bed, but a cat would also love it too! It would be easy to vary the size of the bed using different pillows. Have a larger dog? Use two pillows to make the bed.
I picked up my holiday fleece blanket at Walmart for less than $3. Since I was under budget for Cooper, I picked up some PEDIGREE® products to gift with the dog bed. I selected a big bag of PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX® Beef to wrap and place under the tree, along with a PEDIGREE® Jumbone to put in Cooper's stocking. PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX® promote good oral care. While Cooper can consume a PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX® quickly, the PEDIGREE® Jumbone keeps him occupied for a long time.
You can find PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX® and PEDIGREE® Jumbone in the Dog Biscuit/Treat Aisle at Walmart. PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX® come in Original and Beef flavors. PEDIGREE® makes gift giving easy for the pet lover in your life!
What are you getting for your four-legged friend this holiday? Find more gift ideas for pets here.






