Daily Ramblings: Pinata Cake - Free Blank Banner Printable

SEARCH

Pages

Pinata Cake - Free Blank Banner Printable

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Each week we get together at a friend's house to watch The Bachelor. A couple in our group recently got engaged, so I decided to make them a congratulations cake. I took the cake to this week's viewing party.
Chocolate Pinata Cake - Free Blank Banner Printable
I did a double layer devil's food cake mix topped with some whipped chocolate frosting. I cored out a circle in the middle of the cake and filled it with Valentine's M&Ms as I assembled the cake. I put a large cookie cutter on the top of the cake and put Valentine's colored sprinkles inside of it. It looked really nice against the brown of the frosting.
Next I cut some diamond shapes out of some scrapbook paper for my banner. I knew I would not be able to cut nicely, so I made a pattern that I printed on the back of the paper. My banner pieces were too big, so I adjusted the template to offer as a freebie for you. Just click the image below to get to the image, and then right click to download.
I just hand wrote the banner letters, used some double sticky tape to string them on a small rope, and then tied it to straws. Even though it was a little big, it was a very cute cake.
Chocolate Pinata Cake - Free Blank Banner Printable
The bride to be was very surprised with the cake. She and her father really appreciated the gesture. She was even more surprised when she cut into the cake.
Chocolate Pinata Cake - Free Blank Banner Printable
We had such a good time on Monday night. Here is part of the group posing for a congratulations photo. Unfortunately, the groom-to-be missed the celebration because he was working.
This post was featured at~
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.