Daily Ramblings: Pan-Fried Green Chile Cheese

SEARCH

Pages

Pan-Fried Green Chile Cheese

Monday, January 26, 2015

I'm on a never-ending quest for low-carb snacks. I'm always searching Pinterest and finding new low-carb meals, but I struggle to find a variety of snacks. I've just had to invent my own snacks. I've posted Ladybugs on a Log, Pepperoni-Goat Cheese Bites, and Cranberry Goat Cheese Celery. Now I've created Pan-Fried Cheese with Green Chiles.
If you had asked me a few weeks ago to eat this, I wouldn't even want to try it. I didn't like green chiles. I refused to eat them as a child. Our family frequented Los Compadres Mexican Restaurant in Phoenix and my parent's favorite was their Green Chile Burros. I never ate them! My change of heart came a few weeks ago when I made a Low Carb Chicken Enchilada recipe I found. It was made with green chiles, and I LOVED it. I especially loved the combination of the chiles with cheese. That combo has been on my mind, and it inspired this snack.
This is super easy to make. You just sprinkle your cheese of choice in a hot skillet. Add your desired amount of chiles and let it sizzle until the bubbles in the cheese all pop.
Let the cheese harden as it cool. This only takes about 30 seconds to a minute. Eat and enjoy!!
I put the extra chiles in a container in the fridge. I will pull them out when I want a quick YUMMY snack. I need to make this for my hubby and see if he likes it. I bet he will!!
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.