Daily Ramblings: Baby Boy Shower Gift

SEARCH

Pages

Baby Boy Shower Gift

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Embroidered Baby Boy Onesie Shower Gift
My husband has a co-worker that he often commutes with via bicycle. That co-worker and his wife are expecting a baby boy soon and my husband asked me to make them a gift for the work shower. Since the guys share a love of cycling, I wanted to use a bike in the design.
When I went to the store to get some Onesies, I noticed that they had pants for $2. I thought it would be cute to embroider a bike on the butt of the pants. I wasn't sure it it would work or not, but I thought it was worth a try for that price.
I cut off the tag inside the back seam before hooping it in a 4x4 frame. It was hard to get it perfectly straight due to the gathers and size of the garment, but it still turned out really cute.
Then I hooped the Onesie with a 4x4 hoop through the head opening. I started with the same bike design and added Daddy's Buddy.
Isn't is cute? I'm really happy with how they turned out. It was my first time embroidering for a baby, so I was concerned about the small size. I found this great tutorial on how to hoop a Onesie and realize it wouldn't be hard.
My hubby said the people at the shower ooh-ed and aah-ed over the set.
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.