This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
Over the weekend I was at Walmart and there was a Blue Bunny Ice Cream demo going on. They were serving vanilla ice cream with fresh berries, and inspiration struck to create a berry good treat.
I picked up some Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla Ice Cream, strawberries, and blueberries from the demo. I just love the combination of vanilla ice cream and berries. The next demo is taking place at participating Walmarts on June 4-7 and will feature Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla sandwiches and Wet Ones.
You can find Blue Bunny Ice Cream in the frozen section at Walmart. Blue Bunny is a great value. I love the Blue Bunny Premium Ice Cream containers. I reuse them to store leftovers in the refrigerator or the freezer. The size is perfect to fit in those crowded spaces.
I just love the smell of waffle cones and bowls. I've seen them dipped in chocolate and then sprinkles, but I've never seen different flavors. I decided to make my own!
Blueberry Waffle Bowls
2 large eggs + 1 egg white
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
1/2 cup blueberries, pulverized
2 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour
Directions: Beat the eggs and mix in the sugar. Blend in the butter, blueberries, and vanilla. Gradually add the baking powder and flour.

Take the round waffle out immediately and mold around a small bowl. We used a 1.2 cup plastic food storage container that made perfect bowls. They were so tasty that my family was eating them before we broke out the ice cream.

Fresh Berry Sauce
2 cups fresh berries
1/3-1/2 cup sugar
fresh lemon juice
Directions: Chop strawberries. Place the berries and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Add a squirt of lemon juice. As the mixture is boiling, smash the berries with a masher. Boil for about 3-4 minutes. Can be served hot or cold. Store extra in an airtight container.


My daughter made her bowl with the fruit and the sauce. My mouth is watering as I type this up, but we are out of ice cream and waffle bowls. I guess I'll have to get some Blue Bunny when I go to Walmart today and then make some more bowls.
Have you had Blue Bunny Ice Cream? It's been a favorite of ours since we visited their Ice Cream Parlor & Museum in Le Mars, Iowa in 2009. It was a lot of fun to see how the ice cream is made and to learn about their history.
Iowa to far? Just visit Blue Bunny on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, or You Tube.





