This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGlory #CollectiveBias
Come see how easy it is to make a snack stadium for your game day celebration! Building plans and free stadium decoration printables are included in this post.
It's playoff time and excitement is in the air! We love to have people over to watch games and cheer on our favorite teams. What does every football party need? Great friends and great snacks. This year I decided to celebrate with a fun, DIY snack stadium.
When I sat down to design the snack stadium, I wasn't sure what size to make it. I realized that size hinged on the materials I used. I considered wood, but that would make for a heavy stadium and require painting. You all know that I am a simple kind of gal, so I wanted my stadium to be easy. I decided to use white foam boards. They are light, easy to cut, and make for easy storage. The standard size of a foam board is 20" x 30", so I knew my size limits. I grabbed some graph paper and started designing.
I began thinking of how I wanted to decorate the snack stadium. I have access to a printer that makes 11" x 17" prints, so I created large graphics. I decided to cut them in half so that they can be printed on a standard printer. I am offering both the 11" x 17" and 8.5" x 11" graphics as a free download so that you can print and decorate your own stadium.
DIY Snack Stadium
(Finished stadium is 11”18)
Supplies
3 pieces of 20" x 30" foam board
utility tape
large straight edge
pencil
utility knife
snack stadium decorations (click here for free download)
clear tape or glue
baker's twine
wooden skewers
toy goal posts and ball
SNICKERS® Minis 40oz.
Skittles® XL 41 oz.
TOSTITOS® Medium Chunky Salsa
TOSTITOS® Original Party Size or Scoops Party Size
Pepsi™ 20 oz. bottles
Directions
Using your straight edge, mark the pattern on the foam board. You need the following pieces:
- A (2) 11" x 3" (inside end zone)
- B (2) 18" x 3" (inside sideline)
- C (2) 11" x 6" (outsize end zone)
- D (2) 18" x 6" (outside sideline)
- E (8) 1/2 of 3" x 6" (diagonal supports)
- F (4) 6" x 6" (outside corners)
- optional: X1 (4) 1/2 of 2" x 4" (inside brace for end zone)
- optional: X2 (2) 11" x 5" (inside platform for end zone)
Using your utility cutter carefully cut out the foam stadium pieces along the marked lines.
Cut out stadium decorations.
Assemble your snack stadium as follows:
- Attach pieces A & C to form the inside walls of the stadium.
- Attach pieces E to each corner.
- Attach pieces B & D to create the outside walls of the stadium.
- Attach pieces F to the outside corners to finish off the stadium structure.
- Optional: Attach pieces X1 & X2 for inside platform if desired. We had to trim these slightly for them to fit.
I used white utility tape along the edges to hold them together. I put it together with small pieces of tape and then went back and used bigger pieces of tape to make the corner edges nicer.
Decorate your snack stadium. I attached the pennants to baker's twine and strung it between skewers stuck into the outside edge.
Add your snacks and party!
Here is how I filled the stadium:
- I created Skittles® Candy Bark* and placed it in the end zone. *recipe below
- I opened a tall jar of TOSTITOS® Medium Chunky Salsa and placed it in the middle of the sidelines. TOSTITOS® Original Tortilla Chips filled the space on each side of the salsa.
- I opened jar of queso and placed it to the other side of the stadium flanked by TOSTITOS® Scoops.
- SNICKERS® Minis were placed in two corners of the endzone and Skittles® were placed in the other two.
- Pepsi™ 20 oz. bottles were placed on the outside corners of the stadium.
- Football players were created with SNICKERS® Minis and soft taffy candies. I unwrapped red and yellow soft taffy candies and microwaved them for about 3 seconds to soften. I cut each in half, rolled each into a little round helmet shape, and place on top of unwrapped the SNICKERS® Minis. The helmets stuck to the chocolate as it hardened.
Skittles® Candy Bark
by Diana Rambles
Keywords: microwave snack party bark
Ingredients
- Skittles® Candy
- White Candy Melts
Instructions
Melt the package of white candy melts according to the package directions.
Pour the melted candy onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or a silicone liner.
Generously sprinkle the Skittles® onto the bark.
Place in refrigerator to harden.
Break into small pieces to create the bark.
Powered by Recipage
I picked up all my supplies for this snack stadium at Walmart. No game day celebration is complete without chips and dips, soda, and candy. I picked up SNICKERS® Minis 40oz., Skittles® XL 41 oz., TOSTITOS® Medium Chunky Salsa, TOSTITOS® Original Party Size and Scoops Party Size, and
Pepsi™ 20 oz. bottles.
This DIY snack stadium was a lot of fun to make. I can't wait to use it at our Big Game party! Have you ever made a snack stadium? Check out more game day snack stadium inspiration here.

