Yesterday I ordered 97 cases of Girl Scout cookies for my troop. That amounts to 1164 boxes. Sales don't start for nearly four weeks, but I have been craving Thin Mints. I can't wait that long to satisfy my sweet tooth, so I decided to make my own Thin Mints. They are super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. I decided to create a little holiday fun by adding sprinkles on top.
What is crazy about these cookies is that they are made with round buttery crackers. Yes, I said crackers! When I eat a Thin Mint, neither crackers nor salty come to mind. Never in a million years would I have thought you could use a savory cracker to create a sweet cookie. But trust me, it works. I remember years ago when Thin Mints were made with a light colored cookie. They weren't a brown chocolate like they are now, so I have no problem wrapping my head around these cookies being light in the middle. Make them and have someone try them without telling them how they are made. I think all will agree they are pretty darned close to the real Thin Mints.
Valentines Thin Mints

by
Keywords: microwave dessert snack chocolate cookie
Ingredients
- buttery crackers, 1 sleeve
- chocolate chips, 1 bag
- coconut oil, 1 Tbsp
- peppermint extract, 1/2 tsp
- sprinkles

Instructions
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or a silicone lining.
In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and oil in 30-second increments at half power, until melted. Stir between increments.
Stir in the peppermint extract.
Carefully dip a cracker in the chocolate, coating both sides.
Remove with a fork and let the extra chocolate drip off.
Place on wax paper.
Add the desired sprinkles.
Refrigerate for a few minutes until the chocolate is hard.
Enjoy!
What do you think of this recipe? Would you eat it knowing it's made with a cracker? Will you be buying Girl Scout cookies? I'm glad that our cookies are still $4/box this year. I heard that many councils across the country raised their cookies to $5/box.




