This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #StartWithJifPowder #CollectiveBias
This post will bring you up to date with my fitness goals for 2016. I've included a simple recipe for a high protein snack that is perfect for those cravings in between meals or activities that use Jif Peanut Powder.
It's been a month since I reported getting my Fitbit and I am doing great with it. I am keeping up with my commitment for 60+ minutes of exercise a day and am feeling quite fit. There have been a few days where I haven't reached my goal, but I made up that difference the following days. My daily goal is 10,000 steps and you can see here that I average just over 11,000 per day.
In addition to the 60+ minutes and 10,000+ steps, I have been keeping up with my water intake. I recently raised my goal from 64 to 72 daily ounces since I always seemed thirsty overnight. I am not doing well with my sleep, but I believe that is due to some family stress that I have been under lately. I'm working hard to reduce that stress. My exercising has become a habit, and I think it's helped me to cope with the stressful situation we've been going through. I'd probably be a total basketcase without my steps.
Another area that I am struggling with is my food intake, especially when it comes to snacking. I often reach for whatever is closest when I get some kind of hunger attack. I have to plan ahead so that I am making good snack choices. With my level of activity, I am finding that high protein snacks serve me best. I make my own protein snacks but I have issues when I add protein-packed peanut butter. It just makes everything so sticky. I was thrilled to come across Jif Peanut Powder. It's got the same amount of protein as traditional peanut butter, but it doesn't gum up my recipes. I created this delicious protein snack with the powder.
Peanut Brownie Protein Bites

by
Ingredients (20 balls)
- 2 cups dates, pits removed
- 1 cup Jif Peanut Powder
- 4 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 T unsweetened coconut
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ~1/2 tsp water

Instructions
Place all the ingredients except the water in a food processor.
Mix until combined.
If too crumbly, add water 1/4 tsp at a time and mix.
Roll into balls approximately one inch across.
Can be refrigerated or frozen.
Powered by Recipage

I picked up the Jif Peanut Powder in the peanut butter aisle at Walmart. Jif Peanut Powder is made with just one ingredient - fresh roasted peanuts. There are no sugar or salt additives like other brands. With less sugar and fat, it's the perfect way to add peanut taste to your breakfast, smoothies, baking, or more! I'll be making more of these protein bites with it soon!
Have you heard of Peanut Powder? You can find more recipes and ideas on how to use it here.





