Over the past month, I have shared several fun recipes for desserts that are lower in dietary points. The reason I've done these recipes is that I have a few friends on new year diets that limit them to a certain amount of food points each day. I get together with these friends on a weekly basis, and I always provide the dessert. I want to encourage my friends to stick with their resolutions, so I bring light desserts.
Last month I shared my Blueberry Pineapple Angel Food Muffins with you. Angel food is a great dessert for diet-conscious eaters. I thought it would be fun to create a chocolate angel food cake. Instead of crushed pineapple, I decided to use a diet soda pop.

I'll be the first to say that this isn't the prettiest dessert I've ever seen, but it tastes better than it looks. My friends liked it, although they ended up pulling it apart as opposed to cutting it. Once slice is approximately 1+ point. I myself prefer the angel food cake made with the crushed pineapple. It's just more moist. I might try making this same recipe again, but substitute a can of crushed pineapple for the diet soda pop.
Chocolate Angel Food Cake Loaf

by
Keywords: bake dessert cake
Ingredients
- Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking chocolate
- 12 oz diet soda

Instructions
In a large bowl, stir the cake mix and chocolate together.
Slowly pour the diet soda into the mix and stir until well combined.
Pour the batter into two loaf pans, which have been greased ahead of time.
Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Powered by Recipage
What do you think? Does this sound interesting? Would you make it with the soda or pineapple?



