Daily Ramblings: Salmon Lettuce Tacos

SEARCH

Pages

Salmon Lettuce Tacos

Monday, February 29, 2016

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. 
All opinions are mine alone. #SamsClubMag #CollectiveBias 

Here is a healthier spin on traditional fish tacos using grilled salmon. Topped with a homemade crema sauce, these are sure to please your family and guests.
Salmon Lettuce Fish Tacos #SamsClubMag AD #recipe
I am a huge fan of fish tacos. Seems strange to say since I did not like fish at all when I was growing up. Even as an adult, fish isn't a choice I often make. I've really been concentrating on making healthier choices over the past year or so, and fish has been one of those choices. I've heard that you have to be careful with where your fish comes from. My fish comes from Sam's Club. I was reading in the most recent edition of Healthy Living Made Simple that Sam's Club is committed to providing it's members only the highest quality seafood. Healthy Living Made Simple is an online magazine that is devoted to all your health and wellness needs. You can find this magazine at HLMS.com.
Since Salmon is going to be the superfood for March and April at Sam's Club, I decided to create a healthy version of fish tacos for dinner. I call my version Salmon Lettuce Tacos since I substituted grilled salmon for the breaded fish and leaves of lettuce for the tortillas. I served these tacos with a side of steamed broccoli, which is the superfood for January and February.
Salmon Lettuce Tacos

by Diana Rambles
Keywords: grill entree low-carb fish
Ingredients
    Tacos
    • salmon
    • salt & pepper
    • head of lettuce
    • tomato
    • avocado
    • green onion
    • lime
    Crema Taco Sauce
    • 1/4 C sour cream
    • 1/8 C mayonnaise
    • 1 T fresh lime juice
    • 1 T garlic salt
    • 1/2-1 teaspoon hot sauce
    Instructions
    Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
    Grill the salmon. I used frozen fillets from Sam's Club and grilled them on foil according to package directions.
    While the fish is grilling, prep the rest of the ingredients.
    Rinse the lettuce.
    Chop the tomato, avocado, and green onion.
    Slice the lime.

    Mix the ingredients for the crema sauce. I used 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce, but you can increase that amount if you like heat.

    Assembly
    Place pieces of grilled salmon on a leaf of lettuce.
    Top with tomato and avocado.
    Drizzle with the crema sauce.
    Top with green onion.
    Powered by Recipage
    These tacos were quite tasty and disappeared quickly! My husband wants us to add this to our frequent meal list. I love the flavors of this meal and that it's so healthy!
    I don't just get my fish at Sam's Club, I shop there for all my fresh produce and meat. I love their prices and selection! Sam's Club is the health and wellness destination for your entire family. They provide their members with free health screenings, optical, hearing, OTC, along with food and beverage. Join Sam's Club today and your love the savings on all your Lent and Easter needs.
    Are you a fish fan? Read more about superfoods, including recipes at Healthy Living Made Simple.
    Salmon Lettuce Fish Tacos #SamsClubMag AD #recipe
    ・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

    Featured

    Followers

    Total Pageviews

    Powered by Blogger.

    Blog Archive