I love Shepherd's Pie, but my family isn't thrilled with it. I wanted to make some a few weeks ago and decided I needed to change up the classic recipe so that my family would eat it. Not only have I created a version that my family loves, it's so easy to make. It is our current favorite standby in our home.
This semester I make a crock-pot meal on Monday nights. I have to drive ballet carpool and I get home later than normal. I always hit Sam's on Monday morning to get food for the week. That means I get a big hunk of meat to cook. So much meat means we have leftovers. This recipe is created using that leftover beef. If you want to make it for yourself, plan ahead and get a huge roast that will result in leftovers.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie

by
Ingredients
- leftover roast
- brown gravy mix
- water
- frozen vegetables
- sweet potatoes
- butter
- cream
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the leftover roast in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Prepare the brown gravy according to the package directions.
Pour the gravy over the roast.
Prepare the frozen vegetables in the microwave or on stove according to directions. Drain.
Place the vegetables on top of the roast.
Prepare the sweet potato mash. I microwave my potatoes, remove the skin, mash them, and then add a little butter and cream.
Spread the sweet potatoes on top of the vegetables.
Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes.
Powered by Recipage
What do you think of this easy recipe? Do you like the substitution of sweet potato over regular potatoes in a classic Shepherd's pie?
Check out these other great sweet potato recipes~





