Daily Ramblings: Pretzel Ducks and Ballet

SEARCH

Pages

Pretzel Ducks and Ballet

Thursday, February 26, 2015

This week my daughter is appearing in the Alice in Wonderland Ballet as a duck. Since I am a wrangler for her ducky group, I decided to make them a fun snack. I got this idea for these cute Pretzel Ducks from I Save A to Z.
Easter Pretzel Chicks Ducks
These adorable pretzel treats are so easy to make. You need 24 regular pretzels, 1 cup yellow candy melts, 2 square orange candies, and 24 mini chocolate chips.
Lay your pretzels out on wax paper or liner on a cookie sheet.
Cut your orange candies in thirds, then half each of those, and then diagonally cut those piece to form 12 triangle beaks.
Microwave the candy melts in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted. Put melted candy into a baggie and cut off a tip of one corner.
Squeeze the melted yellow on the inside of the pretzel.
Put beak and eye in place before the yellow hardens.
Put in refrigerator for a few minutes to complete the hardening process.

Ours aren't perfect, but my daughter really enjoyed creating them. She's looking forward to giving to her ballet buddies.
Speaking of ballet, here are a few photographs from dress rehearsal. The ducks are just too cute!!
We are attending the opening night performance and I am giving my daughter this bouquet of 2 dozen roses.
wooden roses
Can you believe that they are wooden?? I ordered them from Wood Roses by Penny. It was only $12 for the 2 dozen with baby's breath and greenery. She charged $7.50 for shipping, but they arrived less than 48 hours after I ordered them. $19.50 for 2 dozen roses? What a bargain! Plus, they will last forever. I chose yellow to match my daughter's costume. They are nice enough for a formal event!
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive