This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #FuelForSchool #CollectiveBias
My teen is a busy kid! Even though he goes to sleep at a decent time, he waits to get out of bed until the last minute before zipping off to school. I don't like him skipping breakfast, but he doesn't want to spend the time to prepare something. I look for quick breakfast solutions to fuel him for school. He loves Jimmy Dean Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick. While it's heating the microwave (under a minute), he's able to pour himself a coffee. That's a quick breakfast on the go for him, and peace of mind for me to know that the protein will help him make it through the morning at school . Important, especially on those early morning jazz band days!
I look for equally as easy after school snacking solutions because if it requires much effort, the kid won't eat. I'm often gone with his sister when he gets home from school, so he has to prepare his own snack. He always looks in the freezer first because he thinks microwave snacks are the best. One of this favorite treats are corn dogs. He asks for dip to go with the corn dogs, so I created this recipe for cheesy honey mustard dip.
Cheesy Honey Mustard Dip

by
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: snack
Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Instructions
Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Stir constantly to prevent it from burning.

Powered by Recipage
First, microwave the corn dog for about 52 seconds. While that is cooling, microwave a cube or two for 10-15 seconds.
If you like a lot of dip use two cubes, otherwise one is fine. Here are two cubes.
I get both Jimmy Dean Pancakes & Sausage and State Fair Corn Dogs in the frozen section at Walmart. Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches are a satisfying breakfast solutions for the perfect start to any morning. State Fair has a variety of delicious high protein corn dogs featuring a signature honey-sweetened cornbread batter.
How do you fuel your kids on busy mornings and after school?





