Daily Ramblings: SNICKERS® Xtreme Apple Poke Cake

SEARCH

Pages

SNICKERS® Xtreme Apple Poke Cake

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. 
All opinions are mine alone. #WhenImHungry #CollectiveBias 
SNICKERS® Xtreme Apple Poke Cake Recipe #WhenImHungry AD
Do you ever get a little hostile when you are hungry? I sure do. It seems to sneak up on me in the late afternoon when I am taking my kids to activities. Often when I am in the car. When I am away from home and don't have something to snack on. I get mad at other drivers and short with my kids. Then I get the shakes. When I have the shakes, I really have trouble focusing and the rest of the day is shot. I never know when this is going to come on. I usually have a some fruit with me, but it barely takes the edge off. Sometimes I need more of a pick me up, so I stop into Walgreens and we pick up some SNICKERS®. We pass several Walgreens each day, so it's quick and easy to pop in and pick out what we want.
My personal favorite is the SNICKERS® Almond. They help me go from hungry and cranky to happy mom.
The fun size are perfect for a little pick me up. They fit into my purse and I can grab one when I'm hangry.
Last time we were in Walgreens, I noticed SNICKERS® Xtreme. It does away with the nougat in a typical Snickers and replaces with with more peanuts and caramel. All that caramel and peanuts makes me think of the SNICKERS® Caramel Apple Salad that I've seen at potlucks. My favorite dessert right now is cake, so I thought that I would combine that classic salad with a cake. I came up with this new recipe.

SNICKERS® Xtreme Apple Poke Cake

Yellow Cake Mix
2 eggs
1 can of apple pie filling
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
jar of caramel sauce
container of whipped topping
2-3 SNICKERS® Xtreme candy bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your 9x13 pan. Mix the yellow cake mix, 2 eggs, and apple pie filling with a mixer for 2 minutes. You can cut the apples in the can before combining with mix to make the pieces easier to blend. Pour into pan and bake 32-38 or until toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes. Use the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes in the cake every inch or so. Mix the condensed milk and most of the caramel sauce in a bowl and microwave for a minute, stir, then microwave another minute. Pour this mixture slowly into the holes in the cake. Cover and refrigerate until cool. Frost with thawed whip topping. Chop the SNICKERS® bars into small pieces and sprinkle on top of cake. Drizzle the rest of the caramel sauce on top and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
This is really rich and yummy! My kids picked off the SNICKERS® and ate them before eating the cake. I enjoyed the cake and SNICKERS® in the same bite. See more great SNICKERS® recipes and fun stories on the SNICKERS® social hub.
SNICKERS® Xtreme Apple Poke Cake Recipe #WhenImHungry AD
How do you deal with your hunger? Do you become crazed like me? Are you yourself? If not, then enter the SNICKERS® "Who are you when you're hungry?" contest by uploading a personal photo or video from your Computer, Facebook, Instagram or use the SNICKERS® Meme Generator to create something new! Voting begins at Noon on 5/11/15 and ends at 11:59:59AM ET on 7/15/15.
Check out my other poke cake recipes!
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.