I've been on a big sweet potato kick recently. I pick up a 5# bag each week at the store and try to come up with creative ways to incorporate it into our dinners. Right now we are just eating them as what I call Sweet Potato Thins. They can be a low carb substitute for chips or french fries. Preparing them is super easy!
Sweet Potato Thins
Sweet Potatoes
Coconut Oil
Garlic Salt
Peel sweet potatoes and thinly slice lengthwise. I use my food processor, so mine vary in size but have a uniform thickness. Toss in a large bowl with melted coconut oil. I would suggest about 1 teaspoon per pound. Sprinkle with garlic salt and toss some more. Lay out in a single layer on a cookie sheet with parchment paper or line and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes OR grill them. Flip a midway through.
Mine are not thin like a potato chip. I like the softness of cooked sweet potato, so the thickness my food processor cuts them is perfect. You might need longer if you like them crispy.
Serve with guacamole and salsa.
We have also enjoyed our thins as a Nachos meal. We topped with our favorite toppings and filled up.
I feel like I could eat these a few times a week. I just need to come up with some more ideas on how to use them!



