Daily Ramblings: Balsamic Rosemary Chicken

SEARCH

Pages

Balsamic Rosemary Chicken

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #SwansonSummer #CollectiveBias

Today I have two flavorful low carb recipes for you made with chicken broth. Perfect for the summer because you don't have to heat up the house, but good enough to eat year around! After the recipe, please stick around for the giveaway near the bottom of the post.
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken in Slow Cooker #SwansonSummer AD
Sometimes I feel like my cooking suffers in the summer because I avoid the oven, so I don't heat up the house. It seems like we have a very short list of grill and stove top meals that are in frequent rotation. I'm always in search of new recipes to add to the mix. I've been doing some experimenting lately and have come up with two fantastic recipes with simple ingredients that are easy to make. The chicken is made in a slow cooker. The carrot mash utilizes a steamer.
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Thighs

by Diana Rambles
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3-8 hours
Keywords: slow-cooker entree chicken
Ingredients
  • Red Onion
  • Mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 cup Swanson's Chicken Broth
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp dried Rosemary
  • Chicken Thighs
  • salt & pepper
Instructions

1. Cut 2 thick slices of onion and place in bottom of slow cooker with the mushrooms.
2. In a separate bowl mix the balsamic vinegar, broth, garlic, and rosemary.
3. Pour into slow cooker.
4. Cover the onion and mushroom with all of the broth mixture.
5. Generously salt and pepper the chicken thighs. Layer them over the onion and mushrooms.
6. Place on lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Powered by Recipage
Honey Cinnamon Mashed Carrots

by Diana Rambles
Ingredients
  • 2 pounds Carrots
  • 2-3 Cups of Swanson Chicken Broth
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions

Peel and slice the carrots. Place in a steamer basket. Put the chicken broth into the bottom of the steamer. The chicken broth will infuse into the carrots as they steam. Steam the carrots until they are soft.

Place the carrots into a heat resistant bowl, add the butter and mash. Add the heavy cream and mash more. Drizzle on the honey, sprinkle the cinnamon, and mix thoroughly. Serve.
Powered by Recipage
I love cooking with chicken broth, so I was thrilled to see that Swanson now sells a 6 pack of their 32 ounce cartons! I love the idea of bulking up so we won't run out. The 6 pack of Swanson Chicken Broth can be found in the soup aisle of your local Sam's Club.
Do you love Sam's Club as much as I do? Enter below for a chance to win from Sam's Club. One lucky person will win a cook set and Sam's Club gift cards and three others will win a $500 Sam's Club gift card. I want to win!!
Swanson Summer Sweepstakes
You can find Swanson at the Campbell's Swanson Kitchen, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken in Slow Cooker #SwansonSummer AD
What is your favorite summer recipe that uses Swanson chicken broth?
This post contains an affiliate link.
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.