Daily Ramblings: Week Planner - To Do List for Kids Free Printable

SEARCH

Pages

Week Planner - To Do List for Kids Free Printable

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #SchoolYearReady #CollectiveBias

As we approach the new school year, here are some free printables for you to help your kids keep up with their responsibilities.
Weekly Planner - To Do List for Kids Free Printable #SchoolYearReady AD
I've been a certified teacher for many years. While I might not have my own classroom of students right now, I am always looking for ways to teach my children to be responsible. My kids know that I expect them to be kind to others and take care of their responsibilities. I realize that responsibilities are different for each person, but that doesn't change my expectation that each child will work to the best of their abilities. Since my children are spread out (22 years, 16 years, and 9 years), their obligations are quite different. My oldest moved to California five months ago to work full time in food management. He loves his job, but has had to quickly learn responsibility around money and paying living expenses. He's struggled at times, but has thanked us many times for guiding him and teaching him to be frugal and to make good choices. Our middle child got his first job this summer. He's a lifeguard, which is requires one to be very responsible at work. He's always been a laid back kid, so this summer job has taught him to take things seriously. His other responsibilities include keeping up on his studies, remaining on honor roll, and keeping up with his band and other extracurricular commitments. My daughter is very self-motivated and she takes her responsibilities seriously. She keeps track of all her school and homework. She's in many extracurricular activities, including a few ballet classes. These kids sure keep our calendar full!
While it is my role to keep the family organized, I want the kids to be aware of what activities they have coming up so that they can plan ahead and be prepared. I've backed off and my teen is doing a pretty good job of staying on top of things and letting us know what his schedule is with work, school, and band. My daughter is pretty good with remembering her school schedule, but I have to help her remember special practices and performances. She will offend ask how many days until something she's looking forward to. We have a family calendar that is color coded by person, but she needs something a little more personal than this.
I talked to her about it and she'd like her own system that she can update herself. I am all for that because she will know what she has to do. She asked if we should do something like my weekly to do and shopping list (shown below) and I said that might be a little too complicated because it requires me to write everything out. She needs a grid that has the days on it that she can fill in.
I had an idea of how I'd like to do a grid for her, but I wanted something that is reusable. I could create a grid and laminate it, but she will smudge off the dry erase marker as she goes through it during the week. I've been putting a little thought into it and finally inspiration struck the other day.

We were back to school shopping at Walmart last week and the supply list asked for Post-it® Notes. We love those sticky notes and all the fun colors and sizes. I thought they would be perfect to use with a organization grid, so we picked out a bunch.
I measured the various Post-it® Notes and used the measurements to create two different grids. One is a weekly planner and the other is a to do list. I made a second weekly planner that just included weekdays for my son to keep track of schedule. I decided to offer these as a free download to help others with organization this school year. Use these to help instill responsibility in your child/student.
Weekly Planner - To Do List for Kids Free Printable #SchoolYearReady AD
Directions:
Download - You can access the images to download here. Click on little arrow on the right side of the screen to download the image you want.
Print - I suggest that you print on the best quality possible.
Personalize - Have the child add their name to the blank space.
Laminate - If you don't have a thermal laminator, use Scotch™ Self-Sealing Laminating Pouches to protect the prints.
Write- Have the child write out their schedule, activities, chores, etc. on the Post-it® Notes.
Stick - Apply the Post-it® Notes to the grid.
Child can remove each note as it's completed. Either save notes on back of print to reuse, or fill out new Post-it® Notes for the next use.
Weekly Planner - To Do List for Kids Free Printable #SchoolYearReady AD
For the Weekly Planner, I used Post-it® Page Markers Assorted 7/8 in x 2 7/8 in, Post-it® Page Markers .5" Assorted, and Post-it® Notes Capetown 1 3/8 in x 1 7/8 in.
For the To Do List, I used Post-it® Super Sticky Notes 3x3 Mediterranean Blue, Post-it® Super Sticky Notes 3x3 Neon Green, Post-it® Notes Cube 2x2 Pink & Aqua Wave Mixed case, and Post-it® Page Markers Assorted 7/8 in x 2 7/8 in.
The Weekday Planner uses the same sticky notes as the Weekly Planner. This one is perfect for classroom use.
You can find Post-it® Products in the seasonal area and in stationary of your local Walmart store. Post-it® Notes - Sticks securely, yet removes cleanly.
I've shared some tips and these free organization printables for use with Post-it® Products to get ready for Back-to-School. Who will you print them for?
Weekly Planner - To Do List for Kids Free Printable #SchoolYearReady AD
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.