This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeClean #CollectiveBias
Fall is here, which means baseball playoffs and football. Here is a Texas style, loaded sweet potato that is perfect for any viewing party or tailgate.
It’s baseball playoff time, and we are so excited that our favorite team made it to the postseason. We have been taking turns hosting the big game with our friends. When it was our turn to host, I thought back to our days in Texas—oh how I loved sweet potatoes smothered with pulled pork and coleslaw. I decided it was time to introduce our friends to this Lone Star favorite.
Texas Style, Honey Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Slow Cooker Honey Pulled Pork

by
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
Keywords: slow-cooker entree Pork American
Ingredients (4 pounds)
- 4 pound pork shoulder
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tsp chili powder
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- onion
Instructions
Pour the oil in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Place the pork in the slow cooker.
Mince the garlic and place on pork.
Chop the onion and place on top of garlic.
Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour over the pork.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
Remove pork 30 minutes before serving and shred. Place back in the slow cooker.
Powered by Recipage
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Wash and dry sweet potatoes.Use a fork to poke the top of each in several places.
Wrap in foil and bake in oven or grill until soft. I prefer to grill ours.
Honey Coleslaw

by
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: side American
Ingredients
- 12 oz bag of coleslaw
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp minced onion flakes
- 2-3 tsp honey
Instructions
Place all ingredients, except for the slaw, in a bowl with a lid.
Stir until thoroughly mixed.
Add the package of slaw to the wet mixture.
Place the lid on the bowl and shake. I find shaking is the best way to get the slaw coated.
Remove lid and stir to make sure the slaw is evenly coated.
Powered by Recipage
Loaded Sweet Potato Preparations
Cut a sweet potato open on your plate.Pile on the desired amount of honey barbecue pulled pork.
Top off with desired amount of honey coleslaw.
Eat and enjoy!
I set up the dinner next to the grill. This allowed people to pull their sweet potato off the grill before piling on their delicious toppings.
These are messy recipes, but they are so tasty that it’s worth it. I am a slob when I cook, so I go through a lot of paper towels. I recently switched to Viva® Vantage® Paper Towels, because they are strong and absorbent. I love how they come in choose-a-size. I can use one of these fiber-packed sheets for a small job, or I can use two or three for big messes, like barbecue. I can even get them wet to clean up sticky things like honey, and they won't rip or tear.
I picked up my Viva® Vantage® at Walmart. They come in 6 or 12 big-roll packs. Right now, you can click here to get $1 off any ONE (1) Viva® Paper Towel or Viva® Vantage® Paper Towel 12-pack or larger. That's great savings!
What sort of delicious messes do you make?








