Daily Ramblings: Tijuana Quiche - Low Carb

SEARCH

Pages

Tijuana Quiche - Low Carb

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Our family has a new favorite go to meal. It's a meatless quiche made with green chiles that I found at Linda's Low Carb Recipes.
Tijuana Quiche Low Carb
It wasn't until this year that I discovered that I love the combination of cheese with green chiles. My family enjoyed green chile burritos and quesadillas with green chiles from our favorite restaurant growing up, but I always snubbed my nose at it. Was I ever wrong!! That flavor combination is so powerful for me that after I eat it, it will crave it for days.
I have to be very careful about what I eat. I do enjoy making desserts, but I have to eat those sparingly. I tend to plan and prepare meals that are lower in carbohydrates, and I exercise daily. I will bloat up quickly when I eat a lot of carbs. I'm always looking for new low carb recipes to try and I often turn to Linda's Low Carb site.
I found this crustless quiche there recently. My family enjoyed it so much that we had it two nights in a row. The second night I had planned another recipe from Linda's site, but I misread the directions and we were stuck without a meal. I threw together a double batch of this quiche and baked it in a 9x13 dish. It still turned out great.
Low Carb Tijuana Quiche meatless
The ingredients for this are quite simple. Just eggs, heavy cream, two cheeses, and green chiles. I usually have those all on hand, so I can make this anytime. There are just a few steps to this recipe. Put the shredded cheeses in the pie plate, top with the green chiles, and then pour on the mixture of eggs and heavy green. Top with a little salt and pepper. Get the full recipe here.
This is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love to have mine with ranch beans and sour cream.
Do you like green chiles and cheese?
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive