This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #ShareYourSpirit #CollectiveBias
Here is a recipe for a sweet and spicy 2-meat chili perfect for a football tailgate. Recipe allows for variations with the meat and beans. There is also a free football straw printable posted below the recipe.
It's that time of year for tailgates. Between Friday night high school games, Saturday college games, and Sunday pro games, there are a lot of opportunities for tailgates and get togethers. Now that the mercury is starting to fall, nothing pleases the football crowd more than chili. It's the first thing my husband requests during sweater weather.
I remember the chili that my mother made when we were growing up. I have taken her recipe and adapted it over the years. There's always kidney beans and ground meat, but I've altered or added other ingredients to this old favorite. Here is my latest version, a sweet and spicy 2-meat variety that is perfect for those hungry football fans! I made mine in the slow cooker, but feel free to make it completely on the stove top if you want.
Sweet & Spicy 2-Meat Chili

by
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Ingredients (6 quarts)
- 2 lbs ground meat (I used venison)
- 1 lb spicy sausage (I used jalapeno sausage)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cans of beans (I used 2 dark kidney beans, 2 light kidney beans, 1 great northern beans, and 1 chili beans)
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can green chiles (or peppers)
- 1 can Coke
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt & paper to taste

Instructions
Brown the ground meat with the onion. and garlic If the sausage is not pre-cooked, brown it with the meat.
Empty the dice tomatoes, chili sauce, and green chiles to the slow cooker.
Drain and rinse the beans, but not the chili beans. Add all beans to the slow cooker.
Drain the meat mixture and add it along with the sausage to the slow cooker.
Stir all ingredients together.
Slowly pour in the can of Coke.
Add the chili powder and salt & pepper.
Heat over low for 3+ hours.
Powered by Recipage

I wanted to add a little cuteness to our tailgate party, so I created a football printable to attach to paper straws. These are quick addition.
Just print, cut, and glue! I used a hot glue gun. Just a little dab of glue is all you need to attach the football. Click here to reach the download. Right click and save as. I recommend that you print on card stock as a 4"x6" on best quality.
Have you ever cooked with Coke? What did you make? Have you ever had Venison?
This post contains an affiliate link.







