Daily Ramblings: Instant Oatmeal Pumpkin Crisp

SEARCH

Pages

Instant Oatmeal Pumpkin Crisp

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Week four of my pumpkin series is this Pumpkin Crisp. Instead of a crust, this has an oatmeal crumble on top.
Instant Oatmeal Pumpkin Crisp #recipe
Over the summer I created both a Peach Crisp and an Apple Crisp made with instant oatmeal packets. Both were fantastic. I love how the gooeyness of the fruit mixed with the oatmeal crumble. I’ve been wanting to make a pumpkin variety, but unsure it if would actually turn out or not. I am pleased with how this came out. The oatmeal mixture on top is thick and reminds me of granola.
This recipe is quite easy to make. It’s just the classic pumpkin pie recipe that you find on the side of any canned pumpkin with a simple oatmeal mixture on top.
Instant Oatmeal Pumpkin Crisp

by Diana Rambles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55-60 minutes
Ingredients (12 servings)
  • 1 can pumpkin
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 4 packets of maple & brown sugar instant oatmeal
  • 4 cinnamon graham crackers
  • 1 cup pecans
  • ½ cup butter
Instructions

Beat eggs in mixing bowl.
Stir in pumpkin and spices.
Gradually mix in evaporated milk.
Pour into a greased 8"x8" casserole dish.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
Turn oven down to 350 and bake 15 more minutes.

While the pumpkin is baking, mix the oatmeal topping.
Crush the graham crackers.
Chop the pecans.
Mix the contents of the oatmeal packets with the cracker crumbs and pecans.
Melt the butter.
Thoroughly mix ix the butter in with the oatmeal mixture.

After the pumpkin has baked for 30 minutes, pull it out of the oven and add the oatmeal topping.
Return to oven and bake for 25-30 more minutes.
Serve as is or with vanilla ice cream.
Store in refrigerator.
Powered by Recipage
We had my sister and her family over for dinner and served this for dessert. She is a fan of pumpkin and said it was fantastic. I shared it with friends who enjoyed it too.
Instant Oatmeal Pumpkin Crisp #recipe
Wonder what my next crisp recipe will be? I am not sure myself!
Check out these other Pumpkin Spice creations I made~
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive