This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Walmart
Family Mobile.
All opinions are mine alone. #Tips4Trips #CollectiveBias
Whether by plane, train, or automobile, we all love to get away for the weekend. Whenever or however you travel, here are 5 essentials that you don't want to forget!
Protection from the Elements - Nothing spoils time away more than not being prepared for the weather. You can check the forecast, but it's a good idea to have a little extra because mother nature can change in an instant. When I made my packing list for SoFabUOTR Chicago last week, I noted the forecast was going to 90. I had my sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm with SPF, and of course a big fashionable hat to keep the sun off. The forecast changed and I had to pack an umbrella. I also had a light cardigan and some socks with me in case it turned cold or the A/C was on too high in the hotel.
Supportive Shoes - Many people are on their feet more than usual when they are out of town. Whether it's museums, the zoo, shopping, hiking, or just exploring, your feet take a beating. Have you ever had the wrong shoes with you? On our anniversary trip to San Diego I wore flip flops, because we were around the beach much of the time. Big mistake!! My back ached for weeks after we got back and I had to go to the chiropractor. I was well prepared to walk around Chicago last weekend in my supportive sandals. Yes, comfort can be fashionable! Do not be cheap when it comes to your feet!!
Water & Snacks - If you have kids, you know that having drinks and snacks with you is a must. You are not always around a place to pick up a quick snack. I always pack water bottles and some trail mix or similar snacks for a quick pick me up. If I get to that point where I get real hungry, I'll get the shakes and get grumpy. I keep those at bay by having something to munch on near by.
Big Bag - You need a big bag, purse or backpack to carry your essentials with you. Last week I had fun creating this personalized cover for my big shoulder bag. I made a matching DianaRambles.com camera strap for my DSLR. This bag was perfect for carrying my personal effects, camera, snacks, sun defense, and notebook for the conference. I got some compliments on it too.
Phone & Charger - Don't forget to have your phone fully charged before you leave, and take that charger with you! I had my smartphone from
Walmart Family Mobile with me over the weekend and I was able to keep in touch with my family and take some great photos.
Walmart Family Mobile has the lowest prices unlimited plans with no contracts. Walmart Family Mobile service is $29.88/month (for the first line) Unlimited Talk, Text & Data service plan which includes up to 1G of 4G LTE data. Right now you can get the following phones from Walmart Best Plans.
- ZTE Zinger - $29.88
- Galaxy Avant - $149.00 (was $199.99)
- ZTE ZMAX - $179.00 (was $199.88)
- Alcatel Fierce 2 - $99.88 (was $129.99)
- Alcatel Evolve 2 - $34.83 (was $59.88)
- LG 450- $29.88
- Microsoft Lumia 435- $49.88
- Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro- $64.88
- LG Leon LTE: $99.82
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate
as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please