Daily Ramblings: Vegetable Salad Dip

SEARCH

Pages

Vegetable Salad Dip

Monday, July 6, 2015

I have another recipe for you that I got from my new friend, Hilda. This one is similar to the Sweet Texas Caviar, but it uses vegetables instead of beans.
Vegetable Salad Dip
Here is Hilda's recipe.
This recipe makes about 9 cups, which is quite a bit, but it disappeared quickly. People liked it chip cups, but also just ate it by itself.
Vegetable Salad Dip

by Diana Rambles via Hilda
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: raw appetizer vegetarian summer
Ingredients (9 cups)
    Salad
    • 1 can French green beans
    • 1 can shoepeg corn
    • 1 can small peas
    • 1 C celery
    • 1/2 C onion
    • 1/2 C pepper
    • 2 tomatoes
    • 1 cucumber
    Dressing
    • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    Instructions
    Bring the dressing ingredients to a boil in a pan on the stove. Remove and let cool.
    Drain the green beans, corn, and peas. Chop the remaining ingredients and mix all vegetables in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the veggies and toss. Serve with chip cups or by itself.
    Notes: You can use any type of pepper. I used orange for color variation. I started out with a yellow onion, but added in red onion.
    Powered by Recipage
    Hilda's recipe had different amounts for the dressing, but I adjusted it to equal parts. Now I think I need to make a hybrid of this recipe and the Texas Caviar. Veggies and beans would be so good!!
    Vegetable Salad Chip Dip
    Nom nom nom!
    ・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

    Featured

    Followers

    Total Pageviews

    Powered by Blogger.