Daily Ramblings: DIY Frozen Dog Treat

SEARCH

Pages

DIY Frozen Dog Treat

Friday, July 24, 2015

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias

Last night we had a backyard fun night. The weather was perfect, and we enjoyed games and snacks. I even had some frozen fun for our dog! After the tutorial, please stick around for the giveaway near the bottom of the post.
DIY Fluted Frozen Dog Treat Tutorial #ShareFunshine AD
I have been enjoying the weather this summer. Yes, we had a lot of rain in June, but the temperatures have been quite moderate for July. I love the outdoors and try to spend as much time outside as I can. The kids have so many activities going on this summer that we haven't had the time to camp. With my son working as a lifeguard, we haven't had a lot of time to hang out as a family either. I have to plan ahead and schedule time. That is why I created the backyard fun night. I had lots of fun shopping for it and even got a new tablecloth and some bowls.
I got input from the family on snacks. Since this was after dinner, we went with simple candy, popcorn, and lemonade. Our candy included Life Savers® Hard Candy Variety, Starburst® Original, and Skittles®. We all love the fruity flavors! The mom in me told the kids to not run around with candy in their mouths!
Our adorable Cocker Spaniel, Cooper, wanted in on the fun! He loves to be around us, but tries to take our food. To keep him from snagging our goodies, I made him a treat of his own. I've seen a lot of doggie frozen treats out there lately, so I did a little research on what is safe for dogs to consume. I found this list of foods that can be poisonous to pets. I knew about a lot of these, but the one that really stood out to me was onion and onion powder. I was going to use chicken broth in my doggie treat, but most broths contain onion. So I decided to crush up his dog food into a powder to make my own doggie broth for his treat.
DIY Fluted Frozen Dog Treat #ShareFunshine AD
I gathered up my ingredients, which included water, the crushed dog food, some dog toys, frozen fruit and vegetables, and some Pedigree Dentastix® Original and Pedigree Dentastix® Beef Flavor. I mixed the dog food powder with the water to make the broth and poured that into the fluted pan. Then I added the dog toys, Pedigree Dentastix®, and the frozen food. I froze it overnight. My dog went nuts when I pulled it out of the freezer. He knew it was for him. I just turned over the pan to pop out the frozen ring. Easy and fun! It even turned out colorful, but my dog didn't care!
 photo Frozen-Dog-Bundt-Treat-Tuto.gif
You can get Pedigree Dentastix® in the pet area at your local Walmart. Dentastix® comes in varieties for Toy/Small, Small/Medium, and Large dogs.
Enter to win a $100 Walmart gift card...daily!! That's right, there is a winner of an e-gift card each day!!
Share a Little Funshine Sweepstakes
Do you have a regular family fun night? How often? What do you do? Click here for savings on Pedigree Dentastix®, Skittles® and more! You can also download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive exclusive content.
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.