This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #SendSmiles #CollectiveBias
Who loves Minions? Here is a fun tutorial for a Minion tie dye shirt.
Two of my nephews have birthdays coming up. It has been a while since I've seen them and I want to send something really special to them. I like to give handmade gifts that reflect the recipients' interests. I asked their mom to give me a few ideas of their favorites and I headed to Walmart for inspiration. I was going down the aisle toward the craft section and I saw this Hallmark display of Minion cards. They love Minions!! My daughter helped me pick out a few cards for her cousins and I started thinking of what I could make them.
You have seen me post embroidered items from time to time. I love having an embroidery machine and I often make gifts with it. I know my one nephew likes to wear polo shirts, so I decided to embroider a small Minion on a yellow shirt. I headed over to the boy's section and picked out two plain yellow polo shirts. I was getting so excited about how this was coming together.
Before we headed to the other side of the store for groceries, I went right back to the Hallmark aisle to pick out some gift wrap. There was a huge selection of of various colors and prints for birthdays and other special occasions. I myself am partial to gift bags because they are so simple. I picked out a bright set of birthday bags and some tissue paper to match. I was able to knock out my birthday shopping quickly, which thrilled me. I hate wandering around the store trying to come up with a good idea. I had everything I needed for the birthdays in about six minutes.


Here is one of the Minion cards that my daughter picked out. I love it because the Minion in the clip on is wearing tie dye. I am not a hippie, but I love tie dye! This little Minion in the colorful shirt just makes me smile. I want one for myself!
Seeing this card got me thinking that if I Minion could wear tie dye, why not make a Minion tie dye? I decided to be a little abstract with this idea and go for the big Minion eye.
Minion Tie Dye Shirt Instructions
- Lay your damp shirt flat.
- Pinch the center of the shirt where you want the pupil to be. Wrap a rubber band just under inch down from the tip.
- Continue to wrap rubber bands for a little over two inches. This will prevent dye from reaching the white of the eye.
- Wrap a rubber band just under an inch down to create the section for the goggle.
- Continue to gather the shirt and wrap rubber bands around the shirt several inches apart.
- Dye the eye sections black.
- Dye the rest of the shirt yellow.
- Optional: Add blue dye to the bottom edge of the shirt to create a denim look of Minion overalls.
- Finish off the dying process according the dye instructions.
Who is the Minion fan in your family? Do you love tie dye like I love tie dye?






