This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
We have a new favorite recipe around here that my husband asks for frequently. It's a fun spin on pizza that we call “Cheesy Pizza Chicken.” Instead of a traditional crust, the pizza toppings are piled on top of chicken. We've tried this recipe with both chicken breasts and chicken thighs, and thighs are our favorite! Topped with Kraft Natural Mozzarella Shredded Cheese and your toppings of choice, this is sure to be a hit with your family too!Cheesy Pizza Chicken

by
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Keywords: bake entree chicken cheese
Ingredients
- chicken thighs
- pepperoni
- sausage
- mushrooms
- olives
- pizza sauce
- Kraft Natural Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray your baking dish with some olive oil cooking spray. Arrange the chicken thighs in the dish.
Cover with the pepperoni and sausage.
Layer on the mushrooms and black olives.
Add any other toppings you desire.
Cover all ingredients with a 14 oz. jar of pizza sauce.
Spread the Mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake for 60 minutes.
Powered by Recipage
If you don't want your cheese as brown as ours, place the casserole dish on a lower shelf in the oven or wait until the chicken is partially baked before adding the cheese. This recipe can easily be made in the slow cooker too. The directions are the same as above, but cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
You can find 24 oz. bags of Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese in the dairy section at Walmart. These nutritious cheeses include Cheddar, Colby & Monterey Jack, Mexican and Mozzarella.
A few months ago, I made this recipe in the slow cooker and took it to a potluck at a marching band competition. One of the band moms asked me for the recipe, and I was happy to share. I've run into her a few times since, and she said she's made it a few times for her family. When I met her husband at a recent concert, she introduced me as the "Pizza Chicken Lady". I told her I've been called worse! LOL! She said she tries different toppings each time she makes it. She inspired me to vary our toppings which is why I tried sausage this most recent time. My family finished that side first, so it won't be the last time sausage makes an appearance.
Be sure to check out more delicious cheese recipes at Kraft.com. I'd love to hear about your favorite cheesy recipe!







