Daily Ramblings: Fresh Cranberry Orange Muffins

SEARCH

Pages

Fresh Cranberry Orange Muffins

Thursday, November 19, 2015

This post shows how to take a muffin mix from ordinary to extraordinary using fresh fruit.
Fresh Cranberry Orange Muffins
I love to bake, but I don't often bake from scratch. I like to take baking mixes and doctor them up with various ingredients to create something new. I really like making something with a WOW factor, but without a lot of work. I'm not lazy, I just don't want to spend more time than necessarily to create something. I prefer a simple solution to baking something that tastes fantastic! My latest creation was made taking an orange muffin mix and adding orange peel and fresh cranberries.

Fresh Cranberry Orange Muffins


by Diana Rambles
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Keywords: bake bread breakfast dessert snack muffins fall
Ingredients (18 muffins)
  • orange muffin mix with glaze
  • egg & oil
  • water
  • orange
  • fresh cranberries
Instructions
Prepare muffin mix according to package directions.
Zest some orange peel and mix in with the batter.
Chop about a cup of fresh cranberries and add to the mix.
Bake according to package directions. You might need to add a minute or two to the time.
After the muffins have cooled, mix the glaze packet with water and drizzle over the top of the muffins.
Top with a piece of orange peel. I used a potato peeler for this.
Powered by Recipage
The muffins turned out great. Not too tart, but not too sweet either. I actually made this recipe twice but used a whole orange in it the second time. I was surprised that they turned out quite tart. The only thing that made that version edible was the glaze on top.
Fresh Cranberry Orange Muffins
I just love the combination of cranberry and orange. That might be why I love cranberries so much. I'm going to continue to experiment with cranberries and oranges and see what I come up with. I am changing up my traditional holiday cranberry relish this year. Stay tuned because I just might be posting about it sometime soon. It depends on if I can not eat it all before I take photos!
Fresh Cranberry Orange Muffin Recipe
・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS ・

Featured

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.