This week I have another cranberry recipe for you. It's more of a pie than a cake, but since it's not baked in a pie plate I'm using both pie and cake as part of the name.
Like recent cranberry recipes I shared, this combines the flavors of orange and cranberry. They are such a fantastic combination, that I am not sure I'd ever make cranberry without orange. Do you make anything with cranberry that doesn't include orange?
I've not made meringue much in my life. I've always thought it was complicated and beyond the scope of anything I want to try. This has made me realize it's quite easy. My only issues with it were that it fell after taking it out of the oven and that little beads of moisture gathered on top as it cooled. The collapsing falling part is probably normal, but I don't think the little beads of goo are. Does anyone know?
Anyway, besides those minor issues this is easy to make. It is very tasty too.
Cranberry Cream Pie Cake

by
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 75-85 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert cranberry Christmas Thanksgiving cake pie fall
Ingredients (24 servings)
- 1 C butter
- 2 C flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 C sugar
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 6 egg whites
- 12 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
Instructions
Soften the butter and mix with flour and sugar. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes.
Rinse the cranberries. Mix all ingredients and pour on top of the baked crust. Return to oven for 50-55 minutes.
Whip the ingredients together, adding the sugar 2 tbsp. at a time. Keep whipping until thick and peaks form. Spoon over cream layer and return to oven for 15-17 minutes.
Let cool completely before serving. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Powered by Recipage





